A new UN experts report reveals dark business of illegal militias from Rwanda, Burundi and Uganda in eastern Congo. He strongly criticizes in Congo's national army.
appeared in the taz
: 30/11/2010
KAMPALA taz
published on Monday night, photos of a sealed canister, and the inclusion of an SMS: "A bottle of uranium, which I can sell you have." The investigators had posed as potential buyers. cut off when the UN experts, the uranium was the middleman, a well-known gold trader in the city of Bukavu, the canister to be related to a Rwandan pastor in the region Kalehe, the report said.
display
The FNL had made 2009 their weapons and took part as a political party in Burundi to participate in presidential elections in June. But a few days before the election Rwasa suddenly disappeared. Now, the UN investigators have tracked him down: the rebel leader remobilize and recruit fighters in the region of Uvira, near the border with Burundi. 700 militiamen had already joined. Rwasa also have his old contacts with the FDLR again Date and form of the Rwandan Hutu militia alliances. The UN investigators also researched the international financial network of the Uganda Muslim rebel ADF (United Democratic Forces), entrenched themselves in more than a dozen years in the Rwenzori Mountains along the border between Uganda and eastern Congo. The Ugandan intelligence the ADF had been responsible for the crimes committed by Somali Islamist suicide bombings during the final of the World Cup in the Ugandan capital Kampala.
do in fact have discovered the UN expert evidence of contacts of the ADF to Al Qaeda. Two Pakistanis and two Moroccans were ADF fighters trained, the report said, citing former ADF commanders. Monies had been transferred from London in the jungle.
Unusually harsh to criticize the investigators Congolese government army, which is in the report itself described as an illegal armed group in the country. Commanders would have done from the command structure separate and would illegally invaded villages, plunder resources and rape women and girls. Congo army spokesman Maj Silvain Ekenge told the BBC that this was not all true. The UN Security Council in New York now has the mandate of the UN expert group and the existing arms embargo against armed groups in Congo extended for another year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment